Why, regardless what industry you are in and what other associations you belong, your business needs this...

First of all, let me say this. I've always loved small business and having been in business myself for many years, I believe that there is nothing better. I encourage everyone to have some sort of business regardless if it only part time of a full fledged company employing many people. 





I'm a membership rep for NFIB and am pleased to visit many business owners on a daily basis. To me NFIB membership is essential for any business person to learn about the issues, take as little time as he or she wants to invest in voting on them and then go about their business with the peace of mind that NFIB is working on their behalf. NFIB membership dues is whatever the business owners feel they can afford (up to $15K). It's more important to have a member than a dues which would hinder membership by very small businesses. Everyone's "voice" is important and NFIB is the "voice of small business" in every state capital and in Washington D.C. 




That's the reason I personally think that is why a membership in NFIB for your business is like the cost of doing business, like any part of your overhead; lights, heat, etc. And lately, as I see many business owners struggling with the burdensome regulations imposed by government, I think it is also the "cost of staying in business". 

Do you own a business anywhere in the USA? 

If you are a business owner; even someone who has a part time business out of their home, I suggest that you "get on board" with your business neighbors and join NFIB. Certainly it can't be the cost of membership because that is always entirely up to you. If you've not seen an NFIB membership rep stop by and update you on the issues, I invite you to contact me and I'll do so over the phone. Then if you see the value in what NFIB is doing for your business I'll enroll you for one year. If you love what we do, you can continue next year and if you are like most members, you'll want to increase your membership because "with more, we can do more".

When you enroll by phone, you'll get a receipt emailed to your inbox immediately. Then within days, I'll ship your membership materials.

Following is a letter which I emailed to a business owner which explains a bit more of what we are doing currently (things may have changed by the time you are reading this). You may find it interesting.

Hello (Business Owner),

I wanted to send this quick note here for me to sincerely thank you; for you past support, as a member of NFIB. Your fellow business neighbors benefited by your membership in these past years just as your business did. NFIB has been the “voice of small business” for 76 years now and it’s because of the strength in numbers that we have that when we speak before congress on your behalf, you have clout.

Regardless of who one business owner associates with when added to the synergy created by not only others in your same industry, but with NFIB members in a multitude of industries across all 50 states and in Washington D.C., so much good happens for small business.

When other small business owners win, you win; we all win.

Fighting against the HR2513 issue (you took a photocopy) is just one of the issues which is being voted on, right now as you are reading this. Most business owners I talk to have no idea this is happening. You just don’t get this up to date information anywhere else other than as an NFIB member. Predictive scheduling is something else business owners are not aware of. Many do know about the minimum wage hike which will affect every business owner either directly or indirectly, but only what is on the “surface”; NFIB digs deeper.

NFIB was the sole organization responsible for getting the 20% tax deduction for businesses; accountants and CPAs call line 9 on the tax form, “The NFIB line”.

(In Wisconsin): We were able to eliminate the personal property tax on machinery, tools and patterns for all non-manufacturing companies. That means now when your mechanics or your business purchases tools for the shop, you pay sales tax and that’s it, no more personal property tax there. However, you still pay personal property tax on other things and we’re working on that.

Business Owner, I hope you can see that I’m using the Ben Franklin close to “close” you on renewing your membership and that you can see that there are many more pluses to renew and continue your support in this vital cause.

Another thing to add to the “reason to renew” side of Ben’s comparison chart is the fact that with our membership being based on what you “feel you can invest up to $15,000” (recommended based on the number of your employees) and with similar dealerships investing $1000 to $5000 yearly in support, you get the same privileges that they get at your decided investment of $400. We never make it about the money, and it definitely is all about what you feel you want to invest; but with more we can do more. It all depends on the size of dog you want in your fight. (Expression only; no dogs were harmed in the writing of this letter).

Believe me, we (and I) will work very hard for you and your business.

Feel free to call me with any questions, comments or concerns.

And thank you for operating a great dealership and employing so many wonderful people.

Make it a great day.

Terry (Ter) Scott
NFIB Rep 

Please also note that the above is my words only and not necessarily that of NFIB or any associates or related; just me and how I see things. If you are interested in getting more details visit nfib.com or contact me using the contact information on this page. The very life of your business may depend on your actions to keep government off your back and out of your pocket; again my words only. 
 .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

voiceofsmallbusiness/careers

UI Taxes to go up in Wisconsin